Monday, March 30, 2009

Screenwriter

Bought this typewriter. Ebay. love it!
Ever since I was little, I wanted to be,
among other things, a writer/author.
I think it's just...elegant, typing your thoughts
on a typewriter... the sound the key makes as it
imprints it's mark on your blank paper. It reminds
me of the Audrey Hepburn movie "Paris when
it Sizzles". William Holden stuck in a rut and
here comes Audrey Hepburn, with her
typewriter in it's little case. Walking down
the street, looking elegant and poised.
William gets inspired by her and writes this
wonderful play...
that all got started one key at
a time on a beautiful typewriter...
my mom, in her many hats, is a
notary/
clerical secretary/
super hero
and she used the typewriter way
before she even thought of a computer and I
remember hearing her in her office, just
typing away on like carbon paper because
of course people needed copies...(smile)
so my little pink typewriter...inspirational
screenwriter...one day...you'll see...
no one can take away my dreams...

1 comment: