Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Selah

On this very day, on year ago, God blessed our lives with a baby girl, who's name was going to be Valentina. (Or at least that's what I thought) All my pregnancy I kept telling my Dr., after she told me my due date was on Sept. 10, that I didn't want to have her on 9/11. I tried everything to have her earlier, and I mean EVERYTHING! But there I was Sunday morning being admitted after laboring much of the night before. Even still my heart was not at peace. I got a spectacular room with a view of downtown but all I was focusing on was the TV with all the memorials of 9/11. (I can pretty much tell you all about 9/11 now). It was the 10th anniversary last year so they were re-running all the footage and interviews and my heart was really so sad, sad for all those people that died that day but also sad that I was giving birth to my little baby girl, that I had waited so long for on this day... After 12 hours of being stalled at the same dialation, my mom read Psalm 46. Verse 1 says "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, even though the earth be removed, I shall not fear." The whole chapter is amazing but we focused on verse 10 that says "Be still, and know that I AM God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Then it has a little word next to it that says Selah...All throughout the pregnancy Valentin and I never agreed on a name, he wanted Carolina, I wanted Valentina, but at that moment, our hearts and eyes connected and we just KNEW that her name was Selah. And so today I pray that Selah will exalt God all the days of her life and that God will take her to different nations to proclaim His wonders and His works. 
Happy Birthday to my beautiful Selah Vanessa


No comments: